New scheme to support the marginalised people
- Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry is going to launch soon a new scheme for marginalised people.
- SMILE is an umbrella scheme.
- SMILE means Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise).
- SMILE includes two sub-schemes for the welfare of transgender persons and persons engaged in begging is to be launched soon by the Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry.
- SMILE scheme will cover rehabilitation, provision of medical facilities, counselling, education, skill development and economic linkages.